Note: The podcast was recorded and published on Nov. 10, 2021 before Ms. Smith became Alberta’s premier.
It has come to our attention today (May 8, 2023) the NDP, through the media (including the Calgary Herald), has included snippets of this podcast in media releases and on social media to cast a negative light on Danielle Smith by taking her statements out of context.
We are in the business of managing our clients’ investments and have no interest in being part of campaign mudslinging. So for now we have removed the podcast.
We used this podcast to have a fulsome discussion about important topics around liberty, free speech, the challenges and social divide that COVID created, among other topics. As Albertans and Canadians, and believers in a democratic, free and open society; we are concerned about the polarization that has occurred in society that has made rational, thoughtful discussions difficult. This was exacerbated by the last 3 years during COVID.
The irony here is that the NDP and media article regarding this podcast reinforces the rationale for IWM to host the podcast in the first place. During the podcast, Danielle offered a balanced perspective on the topics outlined below.
For media inquiries feel free to Contact Us.
You’re the leader of Canada deciding on how to improve lives of Canadian. You’re given four choices on where to focus. What’s the right answer?
- Rational energy policy.
- Ensure freedom of speech.
- Practical health care solutions.
- Mandate politicians be honest.
We’d pick all 4.
We hosted former politician, media professional and President of the Alberta Enterprise Group, Danielle Smith, to weigh in. She provided her take on:
- The fascinating evolution of our carbon economy
- How Canada’s energy sector can meet the Net Zero challenge
- Charting a sustainable path forward for our health care system in a world with COVID
- The changing political landscape with a spotlight on Alberta
- The failure of mainstream media and government to ensure diverse viewpoints are welcomed and protected
- And more….
Danielle’s experience within government and media; and her continued policy work offer her a unique view on not just challenges facing Western Canadians but also opportunities in front of us.